55 Gallon Lighting Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riptide

Aquarium Advice Regular
Guys,

My 55 is in serious need of a lighting upgrade... Currently still configured with original cheap dual plastic covers with single 40w strip light, standard FW type Setup with 50/50 actinics.. Im getting great coraline grow but would like to move in to inverts before long.... Are there any companies that build a Canopy/lighting system for convertion of this size tank? What would be the optimal lighting requirments for a 55 reef system?

My lighting on my 55g consists of 2x250w MH lights alond with 2x55w actinic PCs Very nice and bright...

James

I just bought the JEBO 4X55 light off of eBay today. What types of inverts would I be able to keep in my 55gal. I am about ready to set it up. I got my Aqua C Remora today in the mail. I also bought some dead rock to put in the tank because I can't afford as much live rock as I would like to. So, I bought 30 lbs of dead rock and plan on buying about 25-40 lbs of live rock. I am leaning towards etropicals.com. I was impressed by the pictures they have and their prices are really unbeatable compared to the LFS. I am going to definitely get a couple clowns after the tank cycles. Any other suggestions?

I would suggest using Liverocks.com...... Florida supplier that cultures facies offshore and in the florida keys in manmade reefs.... Not harvested natural liverock...

I would use Liverocks.com, but I am not particular to the looks of it. I personally like the look better of etropicals rock. Also, the price allows me to purchase enough rock.

I have actually changed my mind and have decided to go with http://www.gulf-view.com

I have read some good things about them and they also use cultured rock. I am going to get the 30 lb special they have for 133 dollars. I will order it in a few weeks. Heard that their rock has lots of life and haven't seen too many complaints.

Back
Top Bottom