5th fish for a 20 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm contemplating the idea of a fifth fish for my 20 gallon. Something tiny like a yasha goby but I know it's probably a bad idea. I do 25% weekly water changes and skim. Nitrates never get above 5. Just want some opinions on the idea

2 occy clowns (3" and 2"), flametail blenny (3") and an insanely fat royal gramma (2").

I think you know what I'd suggest :D. I do live my red hi fin. I don't think a 5th fish would be a bad idea for you, I'm sure you can keep everything stable

I don't know much about salt but it may be pushing the boundaries a bit adding that 5th fish. I get what you want though. You seem to have a pretty good hold on your tank. I'd say it's a 50/50 chance you'd be taking adding one even if it's small. Are you prepared for the worst case scenario?

A possum wrasse would be sweet but when I upgrade to a 40 in a little while I want a cool wrasse so no possum :(. Hmm oh forgot to mention I have awful luck with gobies jumping. I tried two hi-fin red banded in my 10 and they both jumped...hmm I just love yasha gobies

Why not make a top? Brs sells clear jump net and Walmart sells a screen kit? Maybe try that and give a small goby a go?

My tank is rimless... I like the look to much to put a top on it.

A possum wrasse would be sweet but when I upgrade to a 40 in a little while I want a cool wrasse so no possum :(. Hmm oh forgot to mention I have awful luck with gobies jumping. I tried two hi-fin red banded in my 10 and they both jumped...hmm I just love yasha gobies

Really 2 went surfing? Mine never leaves his little burrow but he is paired with a pistol. Was this before or after the clowns?

Really 2 went surfing? Mine never leaves his little burrow but he is paired with a pistol. Was this before or after the clowns?

Before. I even had a top on the tank lol. Gobies hate me :(. The second one was paired with a pistol too

I know it's another goby but I've always wanted a green banded goby (actually between that and the possum for the last fish in my10) and I don't think they're a known jumper. Or just get the yasha and hope he's not a jumper.

Hmm I will definitely think about it. I'm going to thatfishplace at the end of the month for their big sale so ill see what they have. Thank you all for the input! Keep it coming haha

Well forget the fish then and come back to the clam side :D PEA has some beauties I was just looking at. If only this polar vortex would end.......

I'm probably gonna grab some nice ora corals next weekend. Hopefully the rose Mille and echinata but we will see

I've been trying to get my lfs to start carrying ORA corals. I love that rose Mille hopefully you can find one. I've been on a little bit of a Mille kick lately, I think I've got 4 or 5 in my cart on pea right now, just waiting on some warm weather to pull the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom