6 gallon saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
what are some fish that i would be able to keep in a 6g tank. And how many would be possible to keep? I'm a beginner so go easy on me

You would be limited to one small fish in a tank that size, and most will probably tell you that would be over stocked.

tonedogz said:
Maybe two small damsels or chromis

Damsels would probably kill each other. Maybe a YWG or Catalina Goby(Requires 50-60 in temp)?

Damsels would probably kill each other. Maybe a YWG or Catalina Goby(Requires 50-60 in temp)?

Which would require a chiller to maintain... and no one's going to go to that trouble or expense just for a 6 gallon tank.

YWG is on the large side for a 6 gallon IMO, although some will probably disagree. Check out Stonogobiops yasha and Stonogobiops nematodes, as either of these stay smaller and are fairly sedentary.

Totally agree that damsels would kill each other. I can't think of any that stay small enough for a nano tank anyway.

do you think i would be okay with a purple fire fish and say a pistol shrimp possibly??

IMO firefish should be kept in a larger tank. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would disagree with me though.

Both of the gobies I mentioned are shrimp gobies and may pair up with a pistol shrimp. I mentioned those species because they are small, but there are lots of shrimp gobies available in the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom