6 week old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hennie Muller

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good day. I have a newish aquarium all my water para are good.
Please have look at the photo and tell me if there is any obvious problemImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411768900.878141.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411768940.757958.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to have a look

What exactly are your parameters?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes an anemone in a 6 week tank is normally a bad thing for most people. They need pristine water conditions and a stable established tank. What type of lighting system do you have as they also require pretty powerful lights to flourish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I see a couple of problems here, an elegance coral and something else not open and an anemone sitting in a cave with no direct light? Do you know what your parameters are? And as asked above what kind of lighting are you using?

Is there any other way of reducing phosphate and ammonia levels other than water change?

For small tanks (<20 gal) Can use filtration media to physics absorb/attracts. Chem-lite has such products.

I also hear that break limestone into very very small and fine pieces can achieve the same effect just less efficient.

Looks like most of your candycane coral over on the side is dead, I see like 1 polyp and the rest is skeleton. your elegance doesn't look happy either, it's suposed to be out and swaying not sucked into the skeleton like that. Your anemone shouldn't be where it is getting no light, it will die in there. The fact that you're asking about amonia leads me to believe you have some? If thats the case start changing water because most living creatures don't handle amonia very well...

Back
Top Bottom