60g rimless cube build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmann

Aquarium Advice Freak
60g rimless cube
18x18x18 sump
Reef octopus nw100 skimmer
Rio 3100 return pump

So faruploadfromtaptalk1397471926466.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397471950806.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397471991228.jpg

dino

I have the exact same tank and stand! lol It is an awesome setup, so much room for rockscaping and coral, I love mine.

I also am curious where you got the sump and how much it was? The sumpo is the only issue I had as the stand is too small to support a 24 inch tank. I was using a 16g tall tank for the sump and it was tight under there. lol

I think I have the exact same tank and stand! Is it a Deep Blue tank? Where did you get it? I have issues with my sump being too small, but it looks like yours is bigger (mine is probably about 20 x 18 x 12 or so). Good luck with the build, will be following along.

I have the exact same tank and stand! lol It is an awesome setup, so much room for rockscaping and coral, I love mine.

I also am curious where you got the sump and how much it was? The sumpo is the only issue I had as the stand is too small to support a 24 inch tank. I was using a 16g tall tank for the sump and it was tight under there. lol

I didn't see this before I posted, but Carey it looks like we posted almost the exact same thing lol

Yep same tanks. Lol. Marineland tank with a deep blue stand.

I have been playing hell trying to find a sump with any volume. Only reason why its not going yet. So I made this one. Cut a bigger sump in half. But found I found a glass one im picking up I liked better. 18x18x18 should give me the water I want. I found it on a local forum.

Ants..20x18x12 should be enough isnt it?

dino

Ants..20x18x12 should be enough isnt it?

It's an eshopps sump with two chambers. The first chamber barely has enough room for a filter sock, skimmer, and a second pump for a GFO reactor, and then the second chambers holds only the return pump. If (or should I say WHEN) it's time to upgrade, I would love to have a sump that has a third chamber for a refugium too.

40 lbs of carribsea aragalive sand.

30lbs of live rock

Under neath the tank. 18"x18"x18" sump
Rio 2500 (700gph) minus 4' head heigh

Reef octopus nw110 skimmer

dino

Glass is dirty. Pair of dark oscillaris clowns

dino

I made a reverse derso on the bottom of the overflow to quiet it down. Worked really well

Next is lighting and keep adding live rock.

Im thinking about doing a 4 bulb t5 fixture

dino

Why not do a dimmable LED unit? It will save money over time. I was told one of the eBay units that a lot of people here have would work on a 60g cube. That's what I'm going with for my cube.

Ive been looking at led s especially the ones on ebay and a website call www.reefradiance.com that sell full spectrum led 2ch dimmable. Just havent decided yet.

dino

Back
Top Bottom