65 gal reef help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More info on the mystery hitchhiker the lights on my tank have been one for about an hour now and they have retracted into the rock and I can't see them any more

I'm pretty happy with my rock work

Attachments

• image-539534424.jpg
    image-539534424.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 69
Google Aptasia and manjano anemonea. If that's it they are unwanted nuisance anemoneas and should be eradicated.

Iv concluded that it is aptasia...;,( iv read up on them an it says to get hermit crabs to eat it. Should I wait for the tank to cycle?

I took my rock out and used a syringe with lemon juice. Stick it then injected it worked well.pep shrimp worked for me also.

I think I'm going to try the pep shrimp and if they don't work out I will lemon juice em

Peppermints work great for me. I got tons of Aptasia in my overflows and sump but absolutely ZERO in my DT. Also I think they do better on Aptasia when you have them in groups IMHO.

Peppermints work great for me. I got tons of Aptasia in my overflows and sump but absolutely ZERO in my DT. Also I think they do better on Aptasia when you have them in groups IMHO.

Sounds like you had lots of success with the peps hopefully I get one that eats aptasia:) fingers crossed

I hope it works for you, I've heard positives and negatives from peppermint shrimp - hopefully yours will work. Aptasia-x works and lemon juice for sure though. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom