7 Day Feeder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JG

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going on a one week vacation. Has anyone ever used the 7 day feeders for saltwater tanks ? I have read mixed info on whether it affects the water chem too much.

I used an automatic feeder and Tetra marine flakes for 10 days on my honeymoon. The feeder fed every 12 hours and I'm still bringing down the phosphates and fighting off the algae bloom. I used one of the cubes in my betta tank and the betta has since died. This was the first time I've ever tried to feed the fish while away and will probably be the last. IMO In a well established tank, most fish and inverts whether FW or SW will scavenge enough to last a week without vacation feeding. HTH

the ones that i have seen feed on a 12 hr schedule. set it up and run it to adjust the ammount of food for much less than normal. The fish will get some food, and hopefully without jackdp 's result.
I would be more concerned with water top off

those 'drop in the tank' vacation food cubes are terrible. spend the money for a decent automatic feeder, especially in a marine tank.

The best thing you an do is leave detailed instructions and have someone you trust fish-sit. I know several of my customers wish they had, esp because emergencies can happen! Your pump/filters can clog, there could be a power outage, etc. It just depends on how determined you are that nothing go wrong and no algae blooms/ phosphate spikes occur. Good luck!

It should be fine with an automatic feeder goin every 6 or 12 hours with flakes. I personally dont trust those cubes in saltwater tanks mabey with gold fish because who really cares if their 5 cent goldfish dies. Automatic feeders are the way to go with saltwater aquariums. I was on vacation for a week and my automatic feeder worked great.

I personally dont trust those cubes in saltwater tanks mabey with gold fish because who really cares if their 5 cent goldfish dies.

I wouldn't be too sure! My best friend had a goldfish die this week, and she called me (like she does every day) in tears over it. They actually froze the fish to bury it the next day!

Back
Top Bottom