Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-24-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
75 gal fish list

75gal 80lb LR

already have
Clown, 6line wrasse and longnose hawk

Would like to add
Coral Beuty, Copperband butterfly and Yellow tang.

1. Is this too many? Could I eventually add more?

2. Does anyone see any compatibility problems?

Thanks in advance

jabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Konrade
I would go with a coral beauty and you could try the tang but I would not suggest it as the tank might not have enough space. The butterfly is not a very hardy fish and has extremely picky eating habits as do most butterflies. Lando knows the most about them though, try asking him.

Konrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Most butterflies, copperband inclued, will not readily accept prepared foods and just end up starving to death. If you happen to find one that is actually eating something other then just frozen brine at the LFS you may be in luck. I recommend sourcing one out from Australia rather then the Indio as they tend to have better survival rates. It will cost more money however. They also seem to do well if you have a lot of LR in your tank so they can graze on pods and algae. I would wait on the copperband and go for the coral beauty first.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:09 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Copperbands are definitely picky eaters. After 3 months mine is finally eating when I feed the tank. I normally had to target feed him so he would eat, and it took me a while to find something he would eat target feeding. Even that was hit and miss depending on the day.
*The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.
*If guns kill people...Spoons make Michael Moore fat.
Brenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for the replies, I have a refugium and every morning the walls of my tank are covered with pods and the tanks only been up about two months. I will get the coral beuty this week then rethink my butterfly decision. They are just so cool to watch :P If you can get them to eat are they fairly hardy?
jabber is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com