75 Gal Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking better and better every time I see ur tank great job...definitely promising as I said before

Wow, this tank looks really amazing! I would love to have a 20 gal SW, but I am new to the aquarium world, and I haven't even gotten my 20 gal FW tank set up yet... So the SW will be down the road a few years.... But until then I can be on here and look at all the beautiful tanks :)

I have been feeding my yellow tang some nori sheets that i rip in about 3x3 square and hang it on with my clip. I never thought to use a piece of lettuce hopefully he'll pick at it just to save cost. How long do you normally leave it clipped inside the tank?

I use romaine lettuce, usually it does not last more than a day, my tang just destroys. But sometimes large pieces will last up to 2 days. The lettuce does not actually breakdown and fall apart like many of the paper like veggie strips.

And the cost is tons cheaper, a pack of organic romaine is like 4 buck and lasts me about a month. ;)

My clowns and Benny like to munch a bit so nori really doesn't last in my tank very long, lol. Plus I work 12 hour days so i like the ability to leave it in the tank for the day.

As long as they are getting some veggies, I don't think it matters. My tangs are a bit picky about lettuce or even spinach. They like the Nori much better.

I had nori at first and my tang would ignore it, but every once in a while I toss one in and he nibbles a bit, but as soon as the lettuce his the water he's on it, lol

This just goes to show marine life loves veggie clips!

Attachments

• image-409722195.jpg
    image-409722195.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1496596362.jpg
    image-1496596362.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 112
  • image-2570631022.jpg
    image-2570631022.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1999318588.jpg
    image-1999318588.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 108
How often do you feed with the veggie clip? How long do you leave it in the tank for? I'm currently feeding kelp flakes, but my sail fin tang doesn't seem to want to eat the flakes. Was thinking about trying the veggie clip. Maybe it will help keep my angel off the corals too.

Everyday I place a piece of romaine in the tank, my tang eats it all within a few hours. I usually just replace what's left the next day, the lettuce doesn't break down as bad as most others food. BTW my tang never used to touch flakes or nori but now he will eat anything, lol

Thanks for the advise. Do you feed any other types of food or just the lettuce? I feed twice a day, small amount of flakes in the morning and about a 1/4 cube of frozen shrimp at night. My fish usually eat it all within 3-5 min. My water tests good, but I want to make sure I'm not over feeding. Thanks again for the help.

I feed everyday. I vary from brine, flake, to seaweed blend. It is good to supplement their diet with other foods. As far as over feeding I let my cleanup crew worry about the extras, my nitrates and phosphates are at 0 and I don't have algae blooms :)

Back
Top Bottom