75 Gal Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Full tank shot...

Attachments

• image-926830820.jpg
    image-926830820.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 101
That's what my research has shown. Like brine shrimp, they eat it but there isn't that much nutrition in it. I load my tangs up on proteins about 2-3 times a week and then just feed Nori sheets (chinese market) and spirullina flakes on the off days. Several of them are over 6 years old and one is 10. They are all fat and have never had ICH. But if they like lettuce, I would still give it to them.

Does anyone know why sometime Bubble tip anemones are sometime have bubble tips and sometimes long and stretched out?

Dano. said:
Does anyone know why sometime Bubble tip anemones are sometime have bubble tips and sometimes long and stretched out?

I think it depends on how much flow there is in the tank...?

There is a good amount of flow, he sits in the dame spot. But sometime he is stretched and some time bubbled.

Attachments

• image-2874269137.jpg
    image-2874269137.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image-1304585418.jpg
    image-1304585418.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 75
Hey Dano can you post your blue prints, how much materials cost, how you glued it, etc please?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hey Dano can you post your blue prints, how much materials cost, how you glued it, etc please?

Yeah I will send these out, give me a day or two to compile it, lots of notes lol.

Alright this is probably going to take a few posts so ill start with the sump and some of the basics...

The tank is a 75G custom acrylic with overflow. The sump is a approx 30G with 3 compartments. First compartment contains 18watt uv sterilizer ($65 eBay) and eshopps psk125 protien skimmer ($95 LFS). Second compartment is my fuge, I have a clip on light I picked up at the hardware store running a 5000k bulb to support my cheato growth. There is 3-4inches of live sand and an inch or two of miracle mud. As the water flows into the the return compartment (3rd) it flows through 2 bags of chemipure elite and is pumped back by my 800GPH return pump (eBay $40).

My sump contains a handful of various snails an is a great place to grow pods :)

I also have the grow light set to a reverse night cycle to keep my tank PH balanced.

Attachments

• image-1671847903.jpg
    image-1671847903.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1762005662.jpg
    image-1762005662.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2573257772.jpg
    image-2573257772.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 88
My display tank has 2 1050GPH koralia hydor powerheads ($50 each) they are controlled by a koralia wave maker controller ($80) that is housed in the stand. I have approx 80lbs of rock 60 ($200 about half came from my previous tank) live and 20 base ($45). I do not have these glued or framed. I simply built the base rock into the sand and stacked the rock. The display tank also has a 4-6" deep sand bed. I used 160lbs ($120) of caribsea bagged 'live sand' then ordered 50lbs ($100) of live sand from premiumaquatic.com.

I am defiantly a fan of the DSB my nitrates and phosphates never seem to stray to far from 0. I think all of the live rock and live sand helped my tank cycle and mature very quickly. I had my first live stock and coral in the tank about 2 weeks after the cycle.

Live stock listing...

2 black and white clowns
Yellow clown goby
Blue mandarin
Red scooter Benny
Royal gramma
Lawn mower Benny
2 blue green chromis
Rose bubble tip anemone
Serpent star
Double tile reef star
Coral banded shrimp
Cleaner shrimp

Coral listing...

Hammer (6 heads)
Frogspawn (8 heads)
Torch (frag 2 heads)
Green acro
Pink birds nest (frag)
Candy cane (18 heads)
Green star polyps
Assorted zoa frags
Blue acro colony

After a few weeks my serpent star is finally starting to come out and stay out after feeding time!

How did you deal with the anemone vs coral issue? I want to get an RBTA but I don't want it to kill my corals as it moves!

I have been very fortunate, I had my BTA in my previous tank for almost a year and he picked a rock that he liked and dug his way in. When I moved him to my new setup I put him in a place with about the same lighting and flow, he just hangs out there :)

Any advice you'd have for me, who already has 10-12 Corals on various points on the rock?

Back
Top Bottom