75 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zasman21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 gallon saltwater tank with a yellow coris wrasse, a pajama cardinal, and a coral beauty. What other fish should I put in?

ForumRunner_20130715_143758.jpg

ForumRunner_20130715_143826.jpg

ForumRunner_20130715_143849.jpg

Clowns! They are a must! Lol. Maybe some hippo tangs, a school of chromis or damsel. A coral beauty, and when you have everything you want in it, the cheery on top, a flame angel. They are my favorite fish, and since you have little to no corals you should be safe.

Well I already have coral beauty so I cant get the flame and hippo tangs need a.little more room but possibly clowns.or chromis!

Well I already have coral beauty so I cant get the flame and hippo tangs need a.little more room but possibly clowns.or chromis!

+1 for you agreeing you need more room for hippos. I like the foxface but he may outgrow it eventually still but they recommend 70 gallon for it. Clowns are good and maybe a tomini bristletooth tang if you want a tang.

orange spot prawn gobies are cool for the bottom section they scoot around the bottom and they are known to "people watch" gotta love that

I want a foxface but I've also heard they are shy.. any experience with them? Amd I love the how gobies scoots on the ground though one never owned one

The flames only need a 55g. And if you dont over stock, your angel will be perfectly happy. Just be sure to add him last.

most gobies are really hardy little fish and they have awesome personalities. fun fact there are more species of gobies in the ocean than any other kind of fish over 1000 different species

I want a foxface but I've also heard they are shy.. any experience with them? Amd I love the how gobies scoots on the ground though one never owned one

Mine isn't shy. He was for a week or so but he's used to people around the tank now

My fox face eats out of my hand. Lol. I'm very careful of course. My clowns do too and my blue throat trigger. I have a 75 gallon as well. You could also get a marine beta. I have one. She's beautiful.

I feel like I have to get a foxface now! Haha how bad is there sting though

I feel like I have to get a foxface now! Haha how bad is there sting though

About like a wasp. I think the saltwater is what makes it so bad. I rinsed mine with fresh water and the sting was gone in about 10-15 minutes. Probably less painful than a wasp. Depends how big it is and how bad they sting you. I've never heard of one "attacking" someone with their spines more like if you bump them. Mine was under a rock I tried to pick up and accidentally grabbed him too. Some people say its a horrible experience but it didn't bother me as bad as some make it sound. He got me with 3 spines on the palm of my hand.

I think the severity varies between people, a worker at my LFS went into convulsions from a foxface sting.

Some great selections with a 75. Get a couple more cardinals and they will school, or maybe an red spotted blenny. Pretty chill fish and will help keep your tank clean. There's always a pair of clowns and an anemone if your lights can handle one.

Clowns! They are a must! Lol. Maybe some hippo tangs, a school of chromis or damsel. A coral beauty, and when you have everything you want in it, the cheery on top, a flame angel. They are my favorite fish, and since you have little to no corals you should be safe.

No flame with the coral beauty they will fight and way too small for a hippo tang.. for a tang maybe a bristle tooth tang. A helfritche firefish or cheaper a purple fire fish would work. Maybe a jawfish if you have a deep sandbed.

Back
Top Bottom