75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1368912_0_e3754ba5c932b7e87368fdc7b2386319.jpg
[/IMG]

Its white at the base where it is in the superglue... Is that normal?

it's normal to have a little white at the base where you glued it. this species will not encrust over the glue and will never be a stronger at the base. white growth tips are also normal to see.

it's normal to have a little white at the base where you glued it. this species will not encrust over the glue and will never be a stronger at the base. white growth tips are also normal to see.

What do you suggest I do to strengthen it? or will it be ok as is?

you could put more glue around it, or use reef putty. it will be fine the way it is, until one day when it's about softball sized and you are cutting a frag off of it or bump into it it's gonna come loose.

If I had put it in a small hole on my life rock would the base thicken and join to the LR?

it will get fatter at the base at least, but takes much longer to do so than other sps. I have one that has filled in the frag plug hole, and has gotten much larger at the base, and another branch has fused to the plug as well. although mine has grown vertically much faster.

Just an idea; if you were to get a frag that was mounted on its side that would help a lot with strength as well as promoting a larger base, I would think.

I believe I have a tiny apitasia right in the middle of my zoas. How should I remove it with hurting the zoas? Will it still spread in its current location? or will the zoas choke it out over time?

i haven't seen zoas choke out aptasia before. i would kill it with some kalkwasser paste or similar. you might whack a few zoa polyps in the process, but they will eventually die off anyway, being constantly stung by the anemone.

This thing is tiny, it might even be a feather duster. Think it has a chance of spreading at this size if it is the apitasia? If it kills a few polyps will they come back over time?

well, the first thing to do is figure out exactly what it is. if in fact it's aptasia, i would risk a few polyps and kill it.
that area will get re-covered with zoas eventually.
if it's just a feather duster or other tube worm, i would leave it be.

Man its just so small I dont think my camera could even get it. I’m leaning towards aptasia.

Back
Top Bottom