75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can only grow if there are nutrients in the water...period. Are you over feeding? as I believe that is a likely culprit. I use a separate algae scrubber to "strip" the water of any available nutrients, as the algae grows in the superior environment of the scrubber rather than the tank. Another mistake is not physically removing algae as it is released back into the tank when cleaning. But in the end, the algae has to have something to use to grow.

Mexican turbo snails can help.
Good quality RO DI water (you don't know what your getting from the shop unless you have a TDS meter. The water I was buying has a TDS of 24 so not so good!)
Don't overfeed.
Put frozen food onto a paper towel to let most of the liquid drain into it. You will be surprised how much comes off and how smelly it is!!!

I also believe most tanks go through this stage at around 4-6 months. It must be the dead material on the live rock rotting.
I struggled too and hated it, although thankfully, mine has finally receded to almost nothing.

A many pronged attack is the way.

Now feeding every other day and I removed a lot of algae from the tank. I am also doing a 5 gallon change every other day.

Itching to get my last fish. I want it to be my "show piece". I really would like a kole tang or preferrably a bicolor angel.

Picked up a 3” kole tang today. Stocking is complete, well fish anyway...

best picture I have been able to get
img_1430947_0_a9231894fceecac432a46076ab4f8d40.jpg
[/IMG]

The base of my blue mushroom has two long ends coming off of it like the top of a “Y”. Is this how they spread? (Fingers crossed for two new mushrooms)

For anyone with that question in the future, yes, that is how they reproduce. I now have two blue mushrooms. I also found my sixline in my overflow. He was missing for two weeks. I also have completely resolved my nuisance algae problems and tank is really starting to get purple. Still none on the glass though.I am now on the hunt for new corals.

I am going to be putting partions in my sump sometime in the next week or so. I am also looking to make an order with aquacon... anyone have any experience with them?

Back
Top Bottom