75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my magfloat in today. It jumps around a little but did a decent job.

I found about 45 lbs of live rock on craigslist that I'm working out a deal on. It has been in the tank with no fish since October. What do you guys think? Should it be ok to go into my tank or should I prep it in some way first?

if the rock looks good, and your sure the guy who had it never used copper based meds in the tank , it's good to go. look for some pods. if you don't see any pods in the tank, or bristle worms, it might not be a good investment.

if the rock looks good, and your sure the guy who had it never used copper based meds in the tank , it's good to go. look for some pods. if you don't see any pods in the tank, or bristle worms, it might not be a good investment.

how long does it take for LR to start to die off without an ammonia source? Will/could it cause any type of cycle?

it may or may not. i don't know the exact time that bacteria will die without nutrients to feed it, but i don't think 3 months is enough to kill it.

I'm sure he never used copper based meds. Picking it up Monday afetrnoon. Hoping to have my return pump by then too.

New live rock is in. I will do daily tests for a week or so. Here you go

img_1208308_0_2b74c1be8ddd6bc60ccc2f520069028b.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1208308_1_f56336260c73b42708da2e42a048b4c3.jpg
[/IMG]

Hopefully this weather wont affect when I get my return pump. We are suppose to get up to 24" of snow lol GO ILLINOIS

Thanks, I'm thinking the tank may need just a bit more LR on the left side.

Still looking for a light and waiting on my pump. I put a bottle of pods in the tank last night, I know maybe a couple hundred got eaten.

Got all my plumbing done for the sump today and return pump is in. Tomorrow I will fill sump and turn on the pump. I used regular pvc purple primer and glue. Should 24 hours of curing be ok to start running water through it?

Back
Top Bottom