75 gallon saltwater setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootchman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So im going to convert my 75 gallon freshwater tank to a saltwater setup.

equipment already recieved
-jbj auto top off
-aqualine sump kit with skimmer (rio 1700 for return pump)
-21 w par30 and gooseneck for sump from coral compulsion
-reef keeper elite (ph probe,temp probe, two float valves for secondary safety on ato)
-mj900 for ato tank
-2 mj1200 for water circulation (will upgrade in the future)
-50lbs of reefsaver rock from BRS
-i have the 48 inch photon on order from reef breeders

im going with hang on overflow box and i realize that my sump is pretty small (12gallons). But i was going to go with no sump until i found this turn key kit for 319 dollars (return pump, all plumping, overflow box, and skimmer)

wish me luck!

got two jabeo wp-25 for powerheads. they work pretty good. got a table shrimp in there waiting for my ammonia to spike.

I like the rock work. I'm gonna be setting up a 75 in about a month or two, still in the planning process.

thanks, i havent turned the skimmer on yet. thought i would wait till it cycles but maybe i should turn it on.

It's going to have a break in period I know I was told to wait till your on your 3rd week of cycling to turn it on. Also those light look bright I had my mind set on the Aqua Illumination sols but after seeing them I may get it save some $.

yea the lights are amazing, for $499 you cant beat them. i can grow anything i would every want and they can be programmed to the max.

i like it, alot of people will bash it but i have a reef keeper lite on my 28g nano cube and it works good. doesnt come with instructions but if you have the internet then your good to go. the interenet connection on my elite is kinda of aggravating. i have it hooked to my home network but you have to do some crap to your router to be able to access it from your phone when your not home. i still havent figure out how to do that and its making me mad. lol

Would the lite be okay for a 75 or should I go to the next up one.

lite would be fine. its really nice for controlling the heater to protect from a meltdown if your heater sticks on. i use my lite on my 28g to controll heater and turn a fan on to cool my tank. it keeps my temp really stable and gives me piece of mind. I didnt really need the reef keeper elite plus net, i just bought it as a toy to play with. I also wanted it so i can setup a float switch for my display tank, since i have a hang on overflow i want to use a float switch to keep the display tank from overflowing if my overflow ever loses siphon or gets clogged. but a lite is great for 119 bucks you can safe guard your tank against a stuck heater, turn a fan on for cooling, and put your fuge and tank lights on opposite cycles.

I see the lite basic comes with a 1 pc4 (4 power outlets). Am I able to hook another one up to it?

Back
Top Bottom