75 gl bow front?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beckie T

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How many think this is big enough for reef? I have heard at least 90 gl. any opinions.

Beckie

reefs coud be as small as 1 gallon. but a basic rule is the smaller the tank, the harder that it is to care for. shoot for the biggest tank possible to start up.

75g is a real good place to start. You can have a nice reef in that sized tank as well as a decent variety of fish. A sump/fuge is also a real good idea. Big of one as you can fit under the tank. Hides equipments, adds water volume, makes water changes much easier, and if you put in a fuge with some macro its a great way to export nutrients and grow pods.

I agree with the rest and usually the numbers that I have always followed in being near perfect standard dimensions are: 10g, 20g, 40g (breeder), 75g, 125g, 180g, 300g, Olympic-sized swimming pool XD

James, you forgot the ocean sized ocean.....

I have a 46g reef the only disadvantage is I can't keep any large or even medium size fish just smaller damsels and such. The bigger the more options you have for fish.

My first reef was a 72G bowfront tank. (75g is the standard tank 72g is the bow). I had great success with the tank and only recently upgraded to a 120g tank.

Back
Top Bottom