75 stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h20addict

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking for an interesting but not wildly expensive addition to my 75 reef, about 8 months old
Internal corner overflow, 20l sump, sps,lps and softies. Currently i have
Ora saddle back clown
True perc clown
Bng cardinal
Spotted file fish
One pep shrimp

Definitely need a larger fish in there as a focus fish. Options:

Tomini Tang
Yellow eye kole tang
Foxface (with caution)
Flame angel
Regal tang
Midas Blenny

If you do firefish, do 2-3. They are great fish to watch in a group.

I had a pair of fire fish in my biocube 29 and they were bullied by the still present 4 year old perc and they hid 98%of the time as a result,
Fox fave and kole tangs have been at the top of my list for a while a wel as flame. But worried about the flame and fox face munching on my coral.

Midas blennies are awesome. I loved the two that I had but they both jumped the tank. So I'd be wary of that. The kole or tomini would be great choices. I currently have a seveal year old tomini and he is very neat. He is almost always out and about and the first fish to get to the algae clip when I clip a piece on. LOL he has great bright golden color on his back fins and is really a nice fish.

I do not see many midas Bennys at the lfs, they are neat fish. I have glass lids that are always on just incase sumone feels brave.
Im going to call around tomm

Went and looked at two of the lfs today. One had a kole tang but it was already sold.
So i came home with more sps..

+1 on the midas. My LFS always has at least 1 in, mine is my favorite. I want a kole for my new 90 I'm building, that and/or a tomini.

Definitely a sailfin tang:) he is my favorite fish in my reef!

They are gorgeous but I think they get too big for a 75 gallon. They grow to 1' 3" long and just about as tall with fins extended. They wouldn't have much room to swim.

They are gorgeous but I think they get too big for a 75 gallon. They grow to 1' 3" long and just about as tall with fins extended. They wouldn't have much room to swim.

You can buy them very small for about 20 dollars I started mine in a 40g when he was about 2 inches he is about 13 inches now and that was 4 years ago and he is now in my 250g reef they don't grow very quickly and you can sell him for a lot of money when he out grows your tank.

I currently have a nice bih sailfin in my 125, i also had a kole tang in there untoll he passed awau a few weeks ago.
On a side note my dad is an old school reefer and is convinced im at my bio load maz with four fisb

I have a 75g FOWLR...

I have:
Pair of Oc. clowns
2 Bengaii cardinals (about to add a 3rd b/c they're fighting)
Lawn mower Blenny
Purple (Flame??/ Firefish) Goby
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
Emerald Crab
Sea Cucumber
Horseshoe Crab
10 turbo snails
Nassarius Snails
Dwarf Cerith Snails

And how could I forget?! 15+ teeny Blue-legged Hermit Crabs

Thinkin bout a Brittle Star... still have to research it & IDK what else! I definitely feel like I need some centerpiece fish. I need to check out the Fox Face since he seems to be the consensus!

There are some good looking anthias, I thinking of adding a couple because live aquaria says they will form shoals.

Found a smaller kole tang on sale at the lfs for $30 today, needless to say he is acclmating as we speak.

ForumRunner_20130805_174415.jpg

Back
Top Bottom