75g aquascape help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know this looks very amateur and need to move it around. Your feedback would be appreciated!

I was thinking about piling on either side and leaving some open space in the middle for corals and what not.

Regards,

T

Attachments

• image-2021059964.jpg
    image-2021059964.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 146
I would pile up one side with caves and shelfs to put corals, and then a sand river in the middle and more pile of caves on the opposite side. It would look pretty sick, but i like the caves tou have now

So ya i would do what you said, but put caves on the sides and not the middle. But you will prob need more live
Rock

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Is that a blue hippo tang?

Ya....we got her when she was a little tiny thing and she's done very well. We had our ich battle but she's doing get now! Im pretty happy about that.....that was a major pain.

And yes I prob need more live rock and I'm at a point now where I can afford it so I'll hit up craigslist tomorrow and probably gran another 30-40lbs tops. I like Ur idea but I think Ur right when u say I need more to pull that off. I'm looking for some Bali rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya thats a really cool fish! Haha ya just google aquarium rock structures or aquascape or something like that and cool stuff pops up!

Ibrahim said:
Or if you get a 50 pound box of baserock from reefcleaners that'd be enough as well.

I didn't even think about the fact that my lr would seed it. That just saved me some cash! Tyvm.

You might also get the rock off the sides of the tank for cleaning room. It will get covered with algae. I leave just enough room for my mag float to slide through

Hinds04 said:
You might also get the rock off the sides of the tank for cleaning room. It will get covered with algae. I leave just enough room for my mag float to slide through

I've unfortunately realized this when i started having the slime algae problem. I couldn't get to a couple spots bc the rock was too. Ur absolutely correct.

There's a guy on craigslist selling his liverock at $2 per lb so I'm going to check it out. If the rock is ****, then I'll just go with reefcleaner non-live rock and wait till that rock arrives to re-scape. I think I'm leaning towards building up the sides and leaving some open space in the middle and front for corals. I just hate the thought of rescaping and kicking up all the sediment but I know I'm unhappy with the current setup.

Tmyboy said:
I've unfortunately realized this when i started having the slime algae problem. I couldn't get to a couple spots bc the rock was too. Ur absolutely correct.

There's a guy on craigslist selling his liverock at $2 per lb so I'm going to check it out. If the rock is ****, then I'll just go with reefcleaner non-live rock and wait till that rock arrives to re-scape. I think I'm leaning towards building up the sides and leaving some open space in the middle and front for corals. I just hate the thought of rescaping and kicking up all the sediment but I know I'm unhappy with the current setup.

Some thing cool would be like to have an arch in the middle and rocks in the side. The arch can give a place for frags and what not

Back
Top Bottom