Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

75g aquascape help.

I know this looks very amateur and need to move it around. Your feedback would be appreciated!

I was thinking about piling on either side and leaving some open space in the middle for corals and what not.

Regards,

T
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2021059964.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	64321  

Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would pile up one side with caves and shelfs to put corals, and then a sand river in the middle and more pile of caves on the opposite side. It would look pretty sick, but i like the caves tou have now

So ya i would do what you said, but put caves on the sides and not the middle. But you will prob need more live
Rock

Old 12-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is that a blue hippo tang?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Is that a blue hippo tang?
Ya....we got her when she was a little tiny thing and she's done very well. We had our ich battle but she's doing get now! Im pretty happy about that.....that was a major pain.

And yes I prob need more live rock and I'm at a point now where I can afford it so I'll hit up craigslist tomorrow and probably gran another 30-40lbs tops. I like Ur idea but I think Ur right when u say I need more to pull that off. I'm looking for some Bali rock.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:01 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya thats a really cool fish! Haha ya just google aquarium rock structures or aquascape or something like that and cool stuff pops up!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Or if you get a 50 pound box of baserock from reefcleaners that'd be enough as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim
Or if you get a 50 pound box of baserock from reefcleaners that'd be enough as well.
I didn't even think about the fact that my lr would seed it. That just saved me some cash! Tyvm.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmyboy

I didn't even think about the fact that my lr would seed it. That just saved me some cash! Tyvm.
Np!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

You might also get the rock off the sides of the tank for cleaning room. It will get covered with algae. I leave just enough room for my mag float to slide through
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinds04
You might also get the rock off the sides of the tank for cleaning room. It will get covered with algae. I leave just enough room for my mag float to slide through
I've unfortunately realized this when i started having the slime algae problem. I couldn't get to a couple spots bc the rock was too. Ur absolutely correct.

There's a guy on craigslist selling his liverock at $2 per lb so I'm going to check it out. If the rock is ****, then I'll just go with reefcleaner non-live rock and wait till that rock arrives to re-scape. I think I'm leaning towards building up the sides and leaving some open space in the middle and front for corals. I just hate the thought of rescaping and kicking up all the sediment but I know I'm unhappy with the current setup.

Tags
75g, aquascape, cap

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com