75g reef build in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll see, I'm taking it turtle slow and steady. Besides I'm waiting for the one that makes me go WOW. BTW that doesn't stand for Whip It Out Wednesday from O & A.

Well the tank is still up and running smoothly, the diatoms have completely taken over, but I believe they have reached their pinnacle and our now starting to calm down. (they don't regrow as fast after I clean the glass)

Also, I'm starting to get some purple spots growing on the rocks, however there are a lot more WHITE spots growing, I'm wondering if my coraline is going to turn out mostly white because of my lighting, I'll see if I can get a picture tonight when I get home.

I have a problem with the water flow, on 1 end up the tank, the right side under the overflow box, sand tends to get moved around a lot and thrown up on the rocks, I hate this. I've been trying to fix the power heads in a position where this does not occur, however I've been unsuccessful. it looks like I may need to take some rock out, and re-do my aqua-scape to achieve sand free rock.

I've also added some more livestock, a blue-tang, coral-banded shrimp and a maroon clown. The blue tang has been eating a lot! starting to look very healthy, however it spends most of it's time hiding /sigh

My CUC, Tang and Flame Angel are going to town on it. I heard that about the blue tang, they like to hide and take a longer time to get comfortable with their surroundings.

Back
Top Bottom