75g Reef.. Shaken, Not Stirred..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
well now that the titles got your attention lol i need opinions on stocking my 75g reef, i want it to be heavier on the corals, and light on the fish, right now all i have is my six-line and mated pair of caramel clowns, theyve been with me since my first tank and im stuck like glue to them, so with that being said, what do you guys think of my stock list?

Fish In Order of Addition:

2) Caramel Clowns
1) Six-Line Wrasse
1) Bartletts Anthia
1) Diamond Goby
1) Midas blenny
1) Kole Tang
1) Yellow Tang
1) Flame Angel
1) Royal Gramma

**Edited**

Clean-Up Crew:

4) Astrea Turbo Snails
4) Nassarius Snails
4) Red Leg Hermit Crabs
4) Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
2) Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
2) Peppermint Shrimp
2) Coral Banded Shrimp

**Edited**

Last edited:
Haha I don't think my reef would like it if I shook it or stirred it... Jk um stock wise I'd only pick 1 angel. It may work but odds are it won't. Also gotta be careful that they don't eat your corals. What's a key hole tang? Lol I think the stock is fine other than the two angels.
Invert wise I'd skip the Pom Pom. You will never ever see it in a tank that size. I know I barely saw mine in my 10 gallon.

Do you mean kole tang? And I agree on the 2 angels, and the warning about not being 100% reef safe

Haha I don't think my reef would like it if I shook it or stirred it... Jk um stock wise I'd only pick 1 angel. It may work but odds are it won't. Also gotta be careful that they don't eat your corals. What's a key hole tang? Lol I think the stock is fine other than the two angels.
Invert wise I'd skip the Pom Pom. You will never ever see it in a tank that size. I know I barely saw mine in my 10 gallon.

got it, no-no on the pom-pom lol

Do you mean kole tang? And I agree on the 2 angels, and the warning about not being 100% reef safe

Woops lol autocorrected me!

ive had 2 flame angels in my previous tanks with corals and havent had an issue, daily light feedings and adding in coral slowly with a mixed current in the tank keep em busy in my experience, i know about the 2 angels its just that i would love to have a yellow tang but ive had bad luck with both of my previous yellow tangs, one with crushed stomach and the other with ich.

I've kept Pom pom crabs in my 55 reef. You won't see them daily, but a pleasure when you do. They hide by nature, under a overhang. It is a hidden treat.

i have a whole mess of overhangs and caves in my rock work, whats your tanks stock?

Well NOW my marine betta took care of all my inverts...but it used to be a very peaceful tank. I don't recall all the stocking as things in the tank have switched to focus more towards my clams rather than...mobile inverts.

On clams? I have no luck as my blenny likes them but they do like more nutrients in the system than sps. However they need as much light as acropora

I would pick one tang of the two. I have a single tang in my 90g and believe me, thats more than enough. :)

Coral banded shrimp might kill your other shrimp and each other. If you want the others for sure I would be hesitant on the coral banded. Though some people have had no issues.

I would pick one tang of the two. I have a single tang in my 90g and believe me, thats more than enough. :)

Ahh, if I could I would have 5 yellow tangs lol how about adding a 3rd tang for aggression purposes? I hear keeping an odd number lowers aggression greatly. I like tomini tangs would that be an option? I would drop a few other fish to keep one more tang in the tank. Opinions??

Coral banded shrimp might kill your other shrimp and each other. If you want the others for sure I would be hesitant on the coral banded. Though some people have had no issues.

The coral banded was just for aesthetic purposes anyway, I like my skunks way better.

Having odd numbers if fish is more towards those that school together to avoid aggression. Tangs tend to be aggressive towards each other always at the start and I have been told there are less aggression issues if you out together tangs that don't look like each other.

Having odd numbers if fish is more towards those that school together to avoid aggression. Tangs tend to be aggressive towards each other always at the start and I have been told there are less aggression issues if you out together tangs that don't look like each other.

So the kole, tomini, and yellow tang would be a good idea then? I dont thing they look similar, maybe the tomini and kole but not too much.

Back
Top Bottom