75g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've had a pretty major change in topic. Lets get back to the essence of the thread.

Can you keep multiple types of clownfish? I'm under the impression that if you want 2 clowns of the same species, you'd want a mated pair or keep 1 per aquarium. But what if you want to keep, lets say a naked clown, a maroon clown and a cinnamon clown, would that cause problems?

I'm new to the mix clown scene, but I have a Clarkii, a Percula and a Black and white perc for over a year in my 75g with no problems yet. Two hang out together and one is a loner. It was the smallest and as it is growing it is coming out more.

The maroons are probably the most aggressive of them. I have two no bars but only 1 other fish so I don't know how they would mix with others. A good practice would be to add the more aggressive last.

I think with 2 pairs you would need at least a 6' tank or one pair would more then likely kill the Other pair.

Actually it's their volume.

If you place the same size ball in a predetermined amount of water, one being a marble the other made of steel (weight being different) the displacement remains the same. Now increase the size of the marble proportionally until the weight is the same as the steel ball (it would be 4-5 times are large now) and place it in the same amount of water, the displacement is MUCH larger.

After all these years, grade school science still sticks.

Water displacement after the rock will only be due to submerged equipment, corals, fish etc. Anything not water placed into water will displace water. The amount is determined by the weight of the objects, not their area.

Back
Top Bottom