75g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious, if I wanted to put a couple SPS in the tank, could I place them in the center up higher in the tank, closer to the light and them do okay?

If you do, aee what lighting the original tank has, and the corals placement. If its similar power to yours you may need to acclimate the coral by slowly bringing it up higher over a few weeks. if you get LPS you need calcium. I have lps and every few weeks check levels and dose as needed with a large bottle of calcium.

We never needed to dose calcium and have 6 acans of various sizes, caulastrea, frogspawn, scolymia, and a lobophyllia. The salt mix should provide enough calcium. If you do decide to dose it, get a test kit first. I'd never recommend dosing something you can't at least test for.

I got to looking around over the past couple days, and this is sort of what I think I might want.

Could you give me some feedback plz

2 true percula clowns
1 blue tang
1 yellow tang
2 peppermint shrimp
1 coral banded shrimp
starfish

frags
---------
long tentacle BTA
yellow leather
blue and red mushrooms
toadstool leather
xenia
finger leather
star polyps
frogspawn
hammer coral

That list looks pretty good to me. It's not complete without an acanstrea though. ;)

That list looks pretty good to me. It's not complete without an acanstrea though. ;)

I'm assuming that's some type of super rare coral because I google imaged that and got 1 actual image....ONE!!! I think that's the first time I've ever googled any image and got less than 999999 results...

:-D

I wouldn't put both of those tangs in a 75.
The coral banded can get nasty as they get larger as well.
What about a CUC?

oooo, I like.

I was thinking of getting a clam. I know some species get huge, but is there one that looks brilliant that I could add to my aquarium?

Dont get 2 tangs. Too small a tank for 2. A yellow would be OK. I have a Coral Banded shrimp and he hasnt messed with anything and he is about 3 inches long. He even somehow lost all his legs to something. So much for aggressive.

A CUC (Clean up crew) is formed by adding snails, hermit crabs, and sand sifting snails, to keep the tank clean.

Crocea clams stay on the smaller side.

oh, right, clean up crew. I figured the starfish might help a bit with that depending on what species, but I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it. I was going to get some kind of sand sifting goby and a few hermits. should I get snails as well just for biodiversity? I don't want some snail that's going to breed like crazy.

in a couple years I plan on turning my 125g freshwater into a saltwater, you don't think 2 tangs would be okay growing up in a 75g and then later on down the road go to a bigger tank?

I have about 125g of water in my 75g system. 35g sump 40g refugium 75g tank. If your worried about water quality, I don't think that's going to be an issue, but if your worried about them being crowded that's a possibility.

Snails lay eggs like crazy but they rarely hatch, the other critters eat them.
I like nassarius, ceriths and margarita snails.

Would a marine Betta be reef safe and get along with the list of livestock I provided?

p-77581-marine-betta.jpg

It won't eat corals, but shrimp, small fish and some snails are on it's menu.

Wow. This thread by itself has helped me. Now it my turn to decide. Tagging along for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom