8 Gallon Nano at Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will definitely read up on it first. With the experiments they are doing it sounds very promissing. Do you dip your frags in pure peroxide or a percentage of the peroxide mixed with aquarium water. Just curious because the stuff you buy for that seems to expire before you can use it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I will definitely read up on it first. With the experiments they are doing it sounds very promissing. Do you dip your frags in pure peroxide or a percentage of the peroxide mixed with aquarium water. Just curious because the stuff you buy for that seems to expire before you can use it all.

No, but I have. I diluted it but don't remember how much. It really eats the algae away, but the corals really don't like it. I remember the guy I get my coral and fish from saying he dosed peroxide in one of his tanks to keep algae down and he had tons of coral in there. I will have to ask him about it next time I see him if I remember. As far as coral dip goes, I'm pretty satisfied with the cheaper seachem coral dip (iodine). I used the coral rx before as well and really liked that stuff, but the price and as you stated shelf life isn't the greatest. I didn't even use a third of the bottle before it was no good. But it was a very nice product.

Thanks. Ive used the coral rx before as well and liked it as well. I will have to get some of the Seacham dip to try.

Thanks. Ive used the coral rx before as well and liked it as well. I will have to get some of the Seacham dip to try.

Once my seachem is gone I'll probably go with the Bayer insecticide. You can get it at home depot and Lowe's. Seems to be the cheap and effective way. My buddy (FTS owner) dips everyone of his corals that come in in this stuff. Here is a little article from Cherry corals that I found on it. This is the route I would suggest.

http://www.cherrycorals.com/news/coraldips/

Thanks so much Paul for sharing this. I will read the article later this evening.

Came in the office this morning and no signs of red slime (cyno) anywhere. Now to do a water change and take out the airstone.

Here is a picture after cyno removal.

Attachments

• 1459945461857.jpg
    1459945461857.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 61
Here is a picture after cyno removal.

Looks like its coming along. Do you run a skimmer or just do water changes on it? That's alot of foam on the surface.

I do run the skimmer occassionaly. Th3 wayer level was low in the back so it was blowing air plus i had a airstone in there during the treatment. I did a water change on my lunch break. Here is a better picture.

Attachments

• 1459969909592.jpg
    1459969909592.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 63
I do run the skimmer occassionaly. Th3 wayer level was low in the back so it was blowing air plus i had a airstone in there during the treatment. I did a water change on my lunch break. Here is a better picture.

OK makes sense.

Once my seachem is gone I'll probably go with the Bayer insecticide. You can get it at home depot and Lowe's. Seems to be the cheap and effective way. My buddy (FTS owner) dips everyone of his corals that come in in this stuff. Here is a little article from Cherry corals that I found on it. This is the route I would suggest.

http://www.cherrycorals.com/news/coraldips/

I read the article and i think i will go with the bayer as a coral dip also. I will pick some up after my current coral dip runs out or it may already be out of date. I will have to check the date on the bottle. Thanks again for that info.

Back
Top Bottom