800g Tank Beautiful!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How often do you see such florid polyp extension on the SPS corals in your own tanks?

It depends a lot on the type of SPS. Certain acros will show amazing polyp extension and others will not. Turning around and looking at my tank right now I can see nice polyp extension on all of my SPS except the Hawkins Enchinata. It tends to keep them in during the day and extends them only at night.

I wonder what you do about water changes on a tank that size. At that point you have to be looking into filtration that you would see in public aquariums. At some point does it better approximate a natural environment and allow you to do less water changes?

800 x 10% = 80gallons? even if you only did that every two weeks that would be a heck of a water change to manage.

I wonder what you do about water changes on a tank that size. At that point you have to be looking into filtration that you would see in public aquariums. At some point does it better approximate a natural environment and allow you to do less water changes?

800 x 10% = 80gallons? even if you only did that every two weeks that would be a heck of a water change to manage.

Most of the time people or stores that have a system like this one will also have an automated water-change system in place as well. I'm sure they change far more then 80g at a time. I wouldn't be surprised it if is 160g (what a bucket of salt will make) each time they do a PWC.

I believe if you go to the site they have a 700g refugium feeding their systems so they have some serious filtration to be sure.

gee thanks a lot ziggy. I went to their site and now i think my wish list of corals has tripled in size. They really have some great looking corals. I put together one heck of a Christmas list i'll tell you that much : )

H - O - L - Y C - O - W!!!!

Finally had a chance to look at this video.....I want to work there! Think of the discounts man! woot!

I haven't been on here in awhile, so I am just now seeing that video The video is awesome! I actually bought a couple corals from vividaquariums a month and a half ago at a fragswap they were at. I got an awesome bright purple cap and some cool zoas. One thing that video made me realize that I am missing, is a lot of small fish. I just ordered a 180-gallon tank stand and canopy so I believe that is what I will do in my new tank. (of course a few tangs too) I should have the tank in about 2-weeks but it will be much longer than that before it is up and running.

Back
Top Bottom