9,000gal reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rupp3322

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, i was at the state fair. They had a 9000 gallon shark tnk and immediatly my wheels were turning! I thought to myself, "man, that would be amazing in between my livingroom and familyroom!" which is currently divided by a wall. It could be built in nd plummed from the basement. Now. To convince the wife, or just start on the project? I think the latter!

I would just start. That sounds amazing. I need a planted tank that size.

Wow! I would at least ask the wife first. If she disapproves then do it anyway ha

I like the way you guys think! She would be cool with it as long as it turned nice and didnt look like a mess. Big $$$$ though!

I learned over 20 years in the military this one thing:

EASIER TO ASK FORGIVENESS THAN PERMISSION!!!!

I live by it!

My motto is, to achieve happiness stay single. Back to the topic. What are you thinking about adding? I would have like mushroom corals, bubble corals, rice coral, gorgonia, and acroporas. Then for fish I would have a flame angel, some damsel fish, gobies, tangs, and the best one, a scott's fairy wrasse. Or any fairy wrasse for that matter.

spoonman said:
I learned over 20 years in the military this one thing:

EASIER TO ASK FORGIVENESS THAN PERMISSION!!!!

I live by it!

Lol wow thats my new motto! My wife is not gonna like it lol.

bettaowner said:
My motto is, to achieve happiness stay single. Back to the topic. What are you thinking about adding? I would have like mushroom corals, bubble corals, rice coral, gorgonia, and acroporas. Then for fish I would have a flame angel, some damsel fish, gobies, tangs, and the best one, a scott's fairy wrasse. Or any fairy wrasse for that matter.

And thats coming from a betta owner...j/king

If you have the money for a 9000 gal tank then ball up and who cares what your wife thinks! My wife didn't even want me to have a tank but I just did it.

Hmm my wife got mad when i just started opening the wall in the garage to add equipment (chiller, Co2, & second skimmer) for the DT on the other side of my wall in the living room without even telling or asking her. Now I'm thinking o shoulda just removed part of it and did the add a 9k gal as suggested lol.

In confused. Your actually starting the build or working on another tank? If your actually building the 9k then you should be posting some pics. Would love to see it through the process. Good luck w the wife. Your really making her happy by giving her something to be upset about.

Well once the wall is knocked there's not a whole lot of choice! I dont know what you would stock in that! Maybe a smaller shark tank! But I would want a a full resemblence of the ocean reef. Wish i could get Brett and Wade from Tanked to come in and knock this out for the show! Dream big! Def agree with Spoonman on the forgiveness!

She loves the aquariums as long as i keep them neat and she can just enjoy them lol. But no, this is only in the "mind planning/wishing" stage. Sorry if i got everyones hopes up. I am gonna go big soon though. I always say, "go big or go home"!

My wife doesn't even notice the things I do. I stopped asking. If she says anything I just say "I bought that months ago". And she says "oh that's right". I'm a Jedi master though.

Just think if she don't like it!!
you could always just throw her to the sharks(y)
and have it anyway:whistle:

Back
Top Bottom