90 gal top/hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feelin_Salty

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so for some reason, the guy at the LFS talked me into not buying the normal glass top, because the glass has lead in it. Should I just go order some unleaded from a glass shop and have them make me one, or is there another way/alternative to the glass top? I have to have a top, cause my cat's already finding out how much fun fishing is, and we only have live rock in the tank.

What do you plan on keeping in the tank? Coral or fish only? Glass tops will raise the temperature in your tank. An alternative is using egg crate. It allows the heat to escape. I dont use any top on my tank (no jumpers in there), but you may have to use someting because of your fishing cat.

I plan on having coral and getting a mandarin goby...down the road of course, and I guess they're jumpers, so I'll need something up there. I have a refugium below...and I'm planning on building a larger one underneath, cause it's not big enough to put my protein skimmer in, and i didn't pay extra for my tank to see a berlin skimmer hangin on the back.

http://www.Melevsreef.com is a great site for refugium building, if you haven't seen it yet, you'll love it!

As mentioned earlier they will increase water temps and lower PH because of a poor gas exchange at the top. Maybe you just need a bigger dog. :D

What the heck is that LFS talking about?? how is a glass top with lead going to effect the tank? As the others mentioned the glass top is not the best way to go..

canopy is the way to go..

Back
Top Bottom