Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
90 Gallon Mixed Reef Build

Hey everyone! I joined AA about a year ago, around the time when I got my aquarium. I got my tank somewhere in March of 2011 from some guy off of craigslist. Long story short there were a lot of problems and mistakes I made even before I put water in it. Finally after more than a year I am starting it up.
I have about "everything" possible that I need all I have to do is put water in it and cycle it.

Right now I have sand in the tank, I'm aquascaping today, already finished plumbing and sump...and I'm making RODI water which might take a while! I am so close and really REALLY EXCITED!

The aquarium is 70 gallons (guy said it was 90..i was disappointed). I have a 55 sump/refugium under it, but only about 25 gallons of it will have water because of the extra space needed in case it leaks. so all in all its about 90.

It is 60x15x18...really weird dimensions for a 70 gallon! But it works out to my advantage. I will give more details of the equipment and stuff and my dream stock list :P But for now im tired of typing..and Id imagine you're tired of reading...well I will have updates!

curiousclam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Glad to hear your project is taking off now.

We love updates and pictures here on the forum so keep us updated. And if you have any questions dont hesitate to post, there are some super helpful people here.

180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
Sorry for the long time between updates, but so far I have aquascaped the rocks, put 90 lbs of sand in the display tank and 30 lbs in the refugium below. I also made RODI water and mixed salt (found out I need a lot more salt) and put that into my tank. Put all the plumbing together and fixed a leak and put on the lights. It has been running for about 4 days and I will be adding some BB once I get the salinity stable. I know that BB is questionable, but I decided to try it out. I will have pictures soon! Thanks for stopping by to read this! :P
curiousclam120 is offline   Reply With Quote

90 gallon, build, gallon, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com