90 gallon prospect.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed. Im gonna have most of my lr in the sump running a fuge a rather big one. I found another tank 100 gallon drilled with stand for 150 might workout better

And hes willing to throw in a 55 gallon sump for 60 more so 210 would get me that setup, then id need to buy lighting for a 100 gallon :s thats 6 feet long :s

Thats a sump made out of a 55 i can get the whole kit an cabootle for 210. But with something that size (100 gallon) display what size return pump should i look at? Something around 1500 gph maybe 2000?

There are a few factors that go into the rating of your return. What your sump is rated to handle in gph (since yours is diy you'll have to wing it), also what the total flow and turnover you want for your tank to be. Return plus all power heads. Then, do you want to run any media reactors, or uv sterilizer? If so you'll want to add gph to your return to account for any (or all) of those. Ime I would like to get a higher rated return, so I wouldn't have to use so many maxi jets. Additionally, you can always split or aim a return differently, but you can never add more power too one. Check out the controllable dc pumps

Thanks! I dont plan on much equipment, just a dual gfo and carbon reactor way down the road. And i think i may invest in the bubble magus skimmer. The skimmer should run equal to or less then the return pump right?

Awesome so basicslly if i get a return pump at 2000 gph the skimmer can fall anywhere under that bracket?

So 90 gallon closed loop custom build with no plumbing just holes or 100 gallon drilled with plugged hole that seller says i can easily get at? With center overflow? Can get either or for 100 bucks.

Ive decided to go 100 gallon. With center overflow. Cant wait! Hopefully the guy emails me back asap! For now im just trying to take the tank from him as im short on dough, my aunt from greece was visiting and gave me and my sister each 50 bucks so theres half the price!

I found this thread hope it helps

Just a heads up for all the Canadian Reefers out there, I found a place within Canada who ships out the EverGrow d120 units for a great price (D120 Dimmable 120 Watt Full Spectrum LED Light ) I just placed my order and should be getting them within the next week or so as he is bringing in more from China early next week.

Good tip!! If i dont get a tank ill be drlling my 90 gallon :)

Back
Top Bottom