90 gallon prospect.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i have this guy giving me first dibs on a 90 gallon custom build... its just the tank, 3/8s glass, drilled with 2.5 inch holes 3 on back wall near top and two closer togther on right side. has a center overflow herbie style i do believe, tank comes with no bulkheads, i got the guy to hold it on 100 for a week or two while i figure out what the heck all these holes mean.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

U have any idea j may on why this tank would have 5 holes and herbie overflow?

Here's what I have found. It's not my info, but it looks very similar to what you're dealing with. Maybe it'll help.

img_2384500_0_acea6a956f25ce9bec3262548fbfe4c4.jpg

img_2384500_1_f5297711bd667481a8a61c85c0c60814.jpg

img_2384500_2_8f3d7c3842434ab2b8007ac4a6685927.jpg

Im gathering its a closed loop system! Sounds very interesting... But by the sound of the amount of water being moved very expensive both on purchases and electricty

Omg i just figured it all out!!! Holy smokes! Thats a showcase tank for sure... And its mine:) hahaha

Lol. I'm glad you got it all figured out. :) that's awesome!

Thanks!! I would love if someone could chime in about a closed loop system, id love to hear someones first hand experience, and could the title be edited to 90 gallon closed loop?

Thanks!! I would love if someone could chime in about a closed loop system, id love to hear someones first hand experience, and could the title be edited to 90 gallon closed loop?

I don't know much about the subject, but I do know that if you message a moderator they can change the name of your thread for you.

I agree, im having problems on this tank, every single hole drilled into it is 2.5 inches aka 6 holes including overflow hole are all identical!? Please tell me somebody didnt mess up drilling this tank...

you can install bulkheads, then reduce pvc size till you get to what you need. It shouldn't be a problem. I think Greg has a closed loop system on his reef.

Sweet !! I heard that2.5 inch holes uses 1.5 inch bulkheads

I still know nothing about it. At least you can still use bulkheads. But are the holes in these positions, except all on the tank?

img_2384937_0_8a2718eb477585570181885edaa9bc8f.jpg

Never mind. I'm sufficiently confused. Lol. I can't wait to see what happens with it

lol go check the pick again i posted, there are two on the left side of the overflow, one on the right side of the overflow and then two more on the ride panel of the tank

Mr. X, we need your help. Lol.

Dimdim, I still don't know. I wish I knew more.

I hope ! I have a friend, actually my best friend, interested in my tank! I was asking 450 but since hes a really good friend id take 300 from him ! I hope he buys it:) I am just researching myself to death on bulkheads and whatnot. If i did buy this tank id have 130 gallons total water volume, I am turning my current 40 into the sump

Back
Top Bottom