90 gallon stocklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Woot! Go you! I wish I could pick one up, I;m very tempted too. That would round out my tang collection very nicely I think.

Are you qt'ing? I would highly suggest it with a tang, even a kole.

make sure we pictures!!

Was getting from liveaquraia... So no. Plus I don't have real aggressive fish. Hopefully all goes well, I don't have a qt tank. Any other advice before I get this guy?

I didnt have real aggressive fish either but still suffered some sever losses when I introduced my caribbean and Kole tangs.

I would keep a very watchful eye on the tang, they can and do stress easily. Thats your biggest concern stress, at least in my opinion. Stress can cause ich to show itself as well. Thats why I am trying to qt my new fish. Just in case.

Why no qt? if youre broke I totally understand but since I had my losses I bucked up and set one up.

Are you in florida by chance? I have a nice 10g qt setup for sale cheap.....Just a thought. It would cost maybe $40 to set up a qt properly and thats if you get just a 10g which would be enough in my mind.

Either way! Good luck!

From p'cola, but now in Colorado... Lol... Yeah, never thought of a qt tank I guess. Got the 90 up and running and never came up. May have to look into it.

yeah, it seems people don't go qt until something happens. Just trying to save you the heartache of a breakout of anything. My tangs took out 4 other fish too. It was horrible. And I buy only froma reputable, clean shop too. have probably bought over 30 fish from him and never had an issue until that darn tang. lol

I don't mean to preach but it would be a great investment and you dont have to keep it running all the time just when adding new fish or when one gets sick.

carey said:
yeah, it seems people don't go qt until something happens. Just trying to save you the heartache of a breakout of anything. My tangs took out 4 other fish too. It was horrible. And I buy only froma reputable, clean shop too. have probably bought over 30 fish from him and never had an issue until that darn tang. lol

I don't mean to preach but it would be a great investment and you dont have to keep it running all the time just when adding new fish or when one gets sick.

What all does a qt need? RO water and what else? Heard of ppl using a sump as a qt too, bad idea?

Sponge filter, 50 watt heater, and some cheap pvc pipe and you are ready to go :) you just need the bacteria from the DT in the QT. It's a good idea to fill you QT with water from a PWC coming FROM your DT.

Greenturtle said:
Sponge filter, 50 watt heater, and some cheap pvc pipe and you are ready to go :) you just need the bacteria from the DT in the QT. It's a good idea to fill you QT with water from a PWC coming FROM your DT.

No ph or anything? Maybe I'm misunderstanding u.

Nope, just some sort of filtration, a heater and somepvc pipes for them to hide in. No sand or gravel or live rock. Just a bare tank. In case you have to dose anything it won't leech into the sand and rocks.

Those were the supplies

Same parameters at the DT or as close as you can possibly get it. That is the definition of quarantine. (my LFS told me that)

Back
Top Bottom