Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
90 gallon sump questions

I have just finished up building a biocube 29 and took out the bioballs and the little sponge they had and followed ReefThuz from YouTube advice to use Seachem matrix carbon 100ml, seachem matrix about 250ml in a 6x12 media bag and 2 eshopps filter that fit perfectly. Everything is running smoothly other than a little cloudy but its only been set up since Sunday.

My question is, I also have a 90 gallon that I recently removed the bioballs and now have it filtering into a sock and then goes through a couple of sponges before it gets sent back up to the main tank. The sump is probably 20 gallons and unfortunately does not have dividers to set up separate chambers. I was wandering if maybe I should be using the same carbon set up and matrix in a media bag for the big tank? My big tank parameters are all good when I checked them yesterday. The sump is just very big and open. I am considering putting a skimmer in there at some point. Any thoughts on if I should use matrix, purigen, matrix carbon, etc?

smoothie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
I don't know anything about matrix personally, but I do love Purigen. I run that along with GFO and a skimmer on my reef tank.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

90 gallon, gallon, question, questions, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com