Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

O.K. It is almost midnight. 15 hours of work. Stand ant tank in place. Looks huge. Tommorow I will try to do a plumbing and put all livestock to new tank. They still look o.k in their temporary homes. I have to buy new sand and eggcreate. Another busy day.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:01 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks really nice. I look forward to seeing it finished

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

im upgrading my 20g to a 55g right now and your making this look easy, very pleased will tag along +1
Old 08-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

My plan was to do plumbing today and put all livestock in the tank. But you never know...Yesterday my wife got stung me bee in her feet. Today her leg looked terrible. So swallow and dark brown. She was in so much pain. So she went to doctor, and i have to take care of my boy so my plans changed. All i could do was plumbing. Tommorow i check again make sure everything is tight and start put send and live rock, corals and fishes . Hope everything will go well. I hope those drain lines are o.k. they could be little shorter. Thanks guys.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

The drains go to sump and i stiil need to put pipes under plastc <around 5"> and filter sock. That how was my old set up. What do you guys think? Looks o.k.? No big mistakes??
Old 08-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looks fine to me. When you get done you can come to my house and do one for me =D
Old 08-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #17
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Looks pretty good to me. Great start.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

O well. Everything was going well until yesterday.I turn on the system and... I got a leak in both return lines. One just moisture but you can feel when you touch with your hand a little water second on the picture one drop every minute. System is on and I put like 50% livestock. Just set in the tank and still have to make display. Still havea lot of staff in my 20 gal QT under T5. I'm really depressed. I have to fix that leak but I'm not sure how. I tight nut , do not want to brake glass. I put some teflon tape too.It looks like it is coming from between nut and glass and nut and thread. The second problem is my pressure.That pump <Gen-X 40> was so strong and powerfull in my 90, now the water coming from the nozzles really slow it can not even move the surface. Have no idea what is wrong...< water goes from pump to chiller and i have check valve, tee and to two overflows. After 4 days hard work the end is not what I was expected. I don't know is something stock in pipes or check valve defected??? I'm so depressed...
Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Keep positive! It looks great so far! You get through!

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

So on sunday I put rest of my corals in new tank. Yesterday and today I set all live rocks and corals in right place. So that how it looks. My camera is not so good. Looks pretty nice. I still did not fix thouse two issues. That leak is like 1 drop every half hour or longer. And that pressure I think is not right. Maybe somebody from Chicago area now some people who can help me???? I will look on internet try to find somebody. I still need to put some trim pieces and stain some, stain the doors to. Thanks for reading me thread.

Tags
125 gallon, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com