90gal reef, skimmer choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

College fishman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My limit is $200 and it needs to be in sump and quite. I looked on BRS and they have the reef octopus 6" for $199. And it has good reviews. Would this be good for my tank?

And are there any others that y'all think would be a better fit?

Reef octopus and Coralife both make good skimmers that can be used in sump. Just make sure it's rated for bigger then your tank. With a 90 gallon, you'll want a 125 gallon skimmer.

I've heard bad reviews of the corallife skimmers. The 6" one is rated to 150 gal

I have a 90 gal. Reef and have great luck with the coralife skimmer. It's rated for 125 & I use it H.O.T. But works in sump too. Water is crystal clear. Little finicky at first but after its broke in and dialed in it works great. Bought mine on amazon

Ill look into the coralife one. And it's about a 10"x10" square and about 24" of headroom maybe more.

My limit is $200 and it needs to be in sump and quite. I looked on BRS and they have the reef octopus 6" for $199. And it has good reviews. Would this be good for my tank?

And are there any others that y'all think would be a better fit?

Ive had both and i gotta say reefoctopus is a better skimmer costs a lil more but skimmers are one place you dont wanna skimp imo

Yea I've heard that. I'm skimmer less right now so I hope this guy will do!

Back
Top Bottom