92 gallon reef tank (corner tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a pic early in the thread but I have a 3 in stank for it now

Also how do I stop this ( bubbles)

Attachments

• image-774168761.jpg
    image-774168761.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 165
I think your skimmer is the same as mine, mines in 8 1/4" of water. When I first set mine up, it went crazy getting all the nasty stuff out of the water. I had to adjust the red valve a few times to find the sweet spot. As far as the bubbles go, your baffles might not be set right.

The baffle on the protein skimmer side could be taken out. And you could space out the gap between the remaining two, also the baffle on the return side should be lowered to reduce any waterfall action. The way it is now, any micro bubbles from skimmer will of course go to the top,but since that first baffles lower it's just channeling bubbles through your baffles. And if you've got a strong pump on return, it's definitely sucking those bubbles like a vacuum into the tank.

So how do I make the baffles better its already set up. Also should a take the skimmer off its stand

I wouldn't take it off your stand, I can't remember what the recommended water depth is for are skimmers. I keep thinking it might be like 5". For the baffles since their already in, you might have to use some some of filter media to catch the bubbles.

Yea I put bio balls :( and a ton of sponge

Attachments

• image-2862862023.jpg
    image-2862862023.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 120
  • image-3595466370.jpg
    image-3595466370.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 160
I just looked at mine,and the sump water level is half way through the U on the super on skimmer. I think you need to lift it up even more out of the water.

I lifted my skimmer and it works great now! Ill post pics sometime! I'm getting light next week and than an mp40 if anyone has o e for sale at a good price pm me!!

So I raised the stand to 6 in and put rock rubble in my sump here is some pics

Attachments

• image-2253077515.jpg
    image-2253077515.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 133
  • image-467213358.jpg
    image-467213358.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 158
  • image-1896506448.jpg
    image-1896506448.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 130
Nice scape. I like the flat pieces, that is what I looked for when I was making my aquascape. I'm pretty jealous of the under guts of your tank. Is the separate fuge just a 10 with the PC light it came on? I like it. How are you regulating the flow between the 2 tanks?

Thanks and I have a bulk head in the fuge and a PVC on he other side going into the return section!

Also to answer you ? Yes I plan on putting some saltwater ants in there! And thanks I have been planing the sump/fuge for over 6 months !

Back
Top Bottom