A couple questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
First off How many fish is to many for my 50 gallon. I know my puffer will outgrow it. But in the mean time what other fish can I get to go in it with him? I really want a eel but I also know that will outgrow the 50 gallon long tank.

Secondly I hear it is good to occasionally feed the puffer frozen veggies such as peas or something like that. Is this a good idea or no?

You cant just ask the question, how many fish is too many. In some instances, one fish is too many. In others, you can have 5-6 fish...

Some eels are perfectly acceptable in that size tank. Go do some independent research and narrow your choices down and then we can help you a bit better.

From my understanding Eels can be housed with other fish. From what i read the snowflake eel can actually be housed with your puffer my friend ;) But can the tank support it??????????????

according to drfostersmith the min tank size is 50 gallons so I am happy :)

Both are messy eaters so make sure your filtration is up to par before adding anything else to the tank. The bio-wheel you have should be able to keep up with keeping nh3/no2 levels near 0 but you still will probably have to siphon your tank once a week when you do the pwc. I’d wait at least 4 weeks after adding your puffer to the 55 gal to add the eel. Don’t forget to acclimate the puffer from your 10 gal to your 55 gal also.

I noticed you added some more photos :) I would also get at least 2 ph for circulation/aeration since you have your tank covered. Also you will need more rock in order to provide a place to hide for the eel.

he bit through the bag, never had a fish do that before hehe

Back
Top Bottom