A few BTA questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjm80

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, its been a while since I've posted, but I got a GBTA about a month ago and some of its behavior is a bit puzzling and google reveals no answers, and I can't find anything on here or wetwebmedia about it.

I have a 4 bulb T5HO fixture with ATI bulbs (2 true blue, one purple, and one white), 2 ocellaris clowns, a kole tang, royal gramma, and YWG and pistol. A few corals (kenya tree, frogspawn, zoanthids, mushrooms, montipora frag, sun corals, and a candycane that's slowly splitting).

My water tests show 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 0 nitrates. My tank is 75 gallons with 2 koralia 750 powerheads, a 20L sump.

Anyway, the BTA always stays very near the bottom of the tank which leads me to believe it's not a lighting problem, and it moves around every 3 days or so, always staying within 6-9 inches of the same spot. But it will shrivel up into almost nothing, which I know is normal. My question is, is it bad that it moves even a little bit? And how often do they shrivel up? And believe it or not, it actually appears to be avoiding light.

It isn't bleached, and when it's expanded it looks very healthy - its mouth is tightly shut and not gaping open.

Is it still acclimating to my tank and is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom