a few questions..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
- what do you feed emerald crabs?
- do you feed corals? (bubble coral, leather coral, mushroom)
- my protein skimmer is really loud is it supposed to be? if so can we turn it off for like an hour when we are looking at the tank?
- also my tanks are about 80 degrees and i cant get them to cool down should i be worried?
thanks!

Emeralds eat leftover food and algae, and bubble algae as well
I do not feed my corals at all, they get all they need from the light and the water column
Skimmers are genreally kinda loud. lol You can shut it down for a bit if you like. But try tokeep it running most of the time
and as long as the temperature is stable you are ok. My biocube runs at 81 degrees no matter what. The rest of my tanks are at 79 degrees so youre within range.

1. They eat detritus and algae, mainly, so no feeding required
2. Not needed if they have enough light, but can help them grow
3. I don't know the problem. I guess an hour would be ok (i assume you meant loud)
4. 80 is fine :)

Cause I'm just that bored tonight. LOL I have my saltwater mixing still so I have nothing to do but wait for it to reach the right salinity and sit here.

The questions were nice and easy ones too so I figured why not? LOL

Cause I'm just that bored tonight. LOL I have my saltwater mixing still so I have nothing to do but wait for it to reach the right salinity and sit here.

The one thing i'm not patient about is mixing. I constantly am checking the salinity. Is the sw for the 90 gallon?

and everybody makes spelling mistakes on AA. everybody...

have a new tank?

yeah I picked up a brand new never unpacked drilled 90g. But no, the water is for my pwc on my 125g and my cube and my coral tank too. Been mixing for a few hours but salinity is kinda low so I'll let the powerhead go for a few more hours. Then adjust as needed.

I;m hoping to get the stand for the 90g very soon, like in a few days. Then I;lls tart that fun project. :-D

My typing atrocious, I know, but in reality I;m actually a very good speller. I just type in the semi dark and very quickly so I make alot of mistakes I can't see. LOL

My typing atrocious, I know, but in reality I;m actually a very good speller. I just type in the semi dark and very quickly so I make alot of mistakes I can't see. LOL
Same here. Also, when I am on my ipod, my autocorrect can do the darndest things. LOL

Back
Top Bottom