A few Questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a green Slime Algae. What is the best way to get it under control? It is all over my glass. Next I got Clemi-clean to get rid of my red algae it seems to work but slow. How many times before it will be under control? Should I do weekly Water changes now? The Brown algae seems to be dieing.

Anytime you are having algea problems PWC every week are a good idea. Also cut back on feeding to every other day. THe PWC will take out some of the nutrients out of the water.

You already have a skimmer so I believe weekly PWC will help. I already do weekly ones . Haven`t had algea outbreak in 6 years. I believe UV has a spot in helping also. Hold on a minute, I have to duck, every time I mention UV :splat: Hope you solve the problem.

I also just noticed that there are these little white like shells in my tank. That have long White tongues. What would these be? Sorry about jumping off track but just feeding now and I can see them on a rock there are like 10 of them. Really small.

No it wont heat your water up. Mine with the heater stays at a toasty 76 degrees, Dont know what the shells are

Little white spot on the rock looks like crushed coral. There Tongue seems to be thin and white as can be. Also really long. My temp in my tank is anywhere from 98 at night 99 during the day. I also have alot of these thing I think they call them Calium Tubes. What do they do?

The little worms are nothing to worry about, they help clean the tank. Get a magnet cleaner to clean the glass, every day. What type of PS do you have?

Back
Top Bottom