A good invertebrate book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thisanthrope

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to get some advice on a good book to pick up that would designate a page per invertebrate and list a care fact for each.

I would like to know what Im looking at in the LFS and if I have the proper lighting etc. to keep it.

I would definately recommend the new Reef Invertebrates book by Anthony Calfo and Bob Fenner,

You can see a snipit >>here<<. (warning... PDF file must have acrobat reader)

Cheers
Steve

I agree with Steve. I received my copy in mid-July, and love it. It's definitely a "one-of-a-kind" book - focusing on invertebrates, with up to date information, and geared toward the reef hobbyiest.

HTH,

wow thanks for the view of that book,that just made it on my must have list :!:

After reading your question, and if coral are the invertebrates your are wanting to learn about I would suggest Eric Borneman's Aquarium corals. The other book the others have listed is one I am not familiar with. I MUST have it :twisted: One can never be armed with too much information. I would also get more than just one book to get possible different points of view.
Two more books that I refer to many times are Corals a quick reference guide and Iinvertebratesa quick reference guide, both by Julian Sprung. These are both awesome book.

would like to know what Im looking at in the LFS and if I have the proper lighting etc. to keep it.

I missed this when reading your post the first time. If you mean care of corals, then I totally agree with deangmcn41's post. "Aquarium Corals" is an awesome book.

Most other invertebrates (snails, crabs, starfish, etc.) have no lighting requirements.

HTH,

The book we have been talking about was just published within the last few months. I am only on the third chapter myself but so far the book is very informative.

In my view the authors do not tell you how to do something but they more or less tell you about many of the alternitives and give you the positives and negitives of each approach allowing you to pick your own path.

Incase you had not seen this yet we have constructed a rather extensive list of books we have read/recommend.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/library.php

Back
Top Bottom