A GOOD RO/DI system??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDHatter22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I'm reading a lot today about people getting jammed up with these "100gpd" RO/DI set ups.

I'm seeing them on E-bay for like $69 bucks, and I'm starting to understand why the may not be so good.

Anyone having any luck with an systems in particular? I have a 150gal. and I don't want to spend 2 weeks filling it up.

Thanks in advance.

m

I bought mine from costco, for 170, It makes about 70 gallons a gay i would say, and it came with 6 month and 1 year replacement filters + a 3 gal resevoir

I would look at the Aqua FX Barracuda or Mako. Either of these systems will give you excellent water and come with pressure gauges and inline TDS meters.

I bought the 100 gpd ro/di unit off of ebay from filterdirect. It was $108 with a storage tank and a faucet. A lot of people on these boards have the same filter and say it works great. From my experience with it, it is an amazing unit at an amazing price. I tested my water with a TDS meter and it reads 0 ppm every test I have done. I see no difference between this unit and other units that I've seen at the lfs. The one difference is about $200 in price. I have not read about anyone having problems with a filterdirect unit.

I know guys that have them from filtersdirect and they love the.....
I have one from airwaterice and it has been a great unit and walters service is great...... cost more but service is A+++++

I have the typhoon 3 and it is a great ro/di and Walter is a great guy to do business with.

I have the reef devil skimmer and is IMO is a great skimmer. Run one on my 125 reef and on my 55 fowlr and they both skim real nice. The only thing I don't like is the CA pump that comes with it. They sometimes don't restart after a power outage. I would get the Mag 7 instead.

I already got an Oceanic 3 sump... the one thing about it is, well 1: it's Oceanic so you know it'll hold together, and 2: it fit a nice 49 gallons under my tank.

I was looking into making part of it a fuge, but, I'll just put some LR rubble in after the trickle for now.

I gotta hit Home Depot tonite to address some major plumbing issues... anyway, thanks for the info!

m

Back
Top Bottom