A little advice if you have a min :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that might be why you aren't seeing anything on the test kits. how much total live rock do you have in the tank right now?

My tank now is

•55gal
•30lbs ish live rock
•Crushed corral
•1Blue tang,1 rabbitface, 1bi color , 1 cleaner shrimp , 3 turbo snails , 1 neon goby
•prizm skimmer deluxe
•bio wheel double filter
•2 level 3 koialia powerheads

I was told the Fiji I bought was fully cured. I have both a mix between Indonesia and Fiji

Yes maybe that's what I'll do cause I k kw for sure with some of that hair algae that's driving me nuts that there is something jn there lol

It is possible that your rock was pretty cured as you stated. If that was the case, that explains the mini-cycle with ammonia bumping up. Being that you have such a small bio-load in there now, including so little rock, you may not be seeing anything because your cycle was so small.

This is important to keep in mind moving forward. Stock needs to be added very slowly so that the small cycle you started can grow to handle the increased bio-load.

Adding stock too fast (including live rock) can cause another cycle that will endanger your fish.

Yes I'm going through cycle now and am using seachem stability with water changes to smoothen them out

Back
Top Bottom