A LR an Cleaning question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am not really sure whats going on in my tank... Ok I have a 50 gallon as you guys know. It is cylceing right now. I have 25 pounds of LR in a 10 gallon tub with a heater, powerhead, and filter on it. I am trying to get rid of the die off caused from shipping. Anyway There is brown algea all over my tank, all over the glass and the 7 1/2 pounds of lr in it and the substrate. Do I just let it go or clean it off? Vaccum it up? I dont really know. Also I have had my LR in the tub for about a week now and it still really stinks and has high ammonia levels. Even though I have done 2 water changes. What do I do? Leave it in there and keep doing water changes. One more question. With my tank, I bought bio-active live arognite (SP) And cured 7 pounds of LR in it Does it sill cycle? The bags of substrate said no cycleing. I checked the levels today and the nitirites and ammonia are at 0 and the nitrates are at 20ppm I have 2 damsels in it with some hermits and a turbo snail. Is my cycle over? The tank has been set up for about 2 weeks. I am really confused. When I put the 25 pounds of LR in will it start another cycle? Thanks in advance.

the algae on the rocks and substrate will eventually die off into others algaes and such.. . You should clean the glass to your liking and as often as you like... HTH...

Back
Top Bottom