a not too hard "who dunit!"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I came home today to fing this: It's definately a blue leg but there is no hermit attached! I know it's not any of the fish. (Firefish, mandarin, and a dragonet) It's possible that another pulled him out for his shell as it is nowhere to be found. But i think it's the chocolate chip star that has a new home waiting at my LFS. I just haven't had time to take him. Oh well he was free and I'll get a little credit for him. whatcha think?

Most likley a moult. If you can do a "head" count, there all probabely still there. The fish you've mentioned are not going to be your culprits. Could be a errant hitchiking crab or shrimp though but my bets on it moulting.

BTW, madarin = dragonet

Cheers
Steve

I'm hoping for a molt it never actually crossed my mind, I guess i have been preoccupied with losing the CC star that I immediately wanted to point at him. And yeah steve I know the mandarin is a dragonet but the other is a red-tail. And just as a matter of opinion I think the mandarin is in a class of his own. :wink: Thanks guys for pointing me in a diraction i simply overlooked.

R-

Back
Top Bottom