A question about my new scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Umpa Lumpa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I was at the LFS and saw him there, he had a missing leg so I got a really really good price on him. Anyway my question is will the leg regrow?

He's eating just fine, in fact I think he's gonna be my fav. Its funny as hell to watch him try to catch the food. When a piece of food floats by he jumps off his rock and starts twirling out of control trying to get it because of the current.

Oh another question he likes to climb the corner of the tank where my maxi jet is at could he get stuck or sucked up?

THe Leg will grow back very Quickly. Iguess on the maxi jet it is possible but I figure very unlikely.

I love my cleaner shrimp. HE has so much personality. I even got a rare change to see him clean my clown the other week- I sat across the room looking at my tank for a good half hour and it finally happened!!!

Just be careful when you begin adding corals and anemonoes. If you ever target feed those inverts with large pieces of krill, expect the shrimp to steal and devour the krill. I've had this experience. Plus I don't think my corals enjoy the shrimp on them because they tend to curl up when the shrimp cleans them.

Back
Top Bottom