Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

That may be the perfect solution.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

How do I quarentine them.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemanpow3
How do I quarentine them.
You have to set up a seperate tank. A small ten gallon tank works good. Add a heater and a powerhead. Some folks have hang on skimmers which is good to have. Use water from you tank but don't hook it up to the tank as you will be treating the QT tank and don't want that water in your tank. PLace the zoo rock in there and treat it there. You will want to keep them there for about 45 days which I think is the life cycle of the eggs. Treat as indicated by what ever chemicals you want to use and do frequent water changes.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #14

zoos

"Lugol's iodine is suppose to be the best.

I have a great link on how to do this and be succesful. It seems to have worked for everyone and the zoos do fine. Just QT would take a long time if there are nudi eggs.

Am I aloud to post a link from another site. If I can't PM me and I will send it to you
Old 10-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

good news. Yesterday my mom did a 1 minute RO/DI water dip and didnt tell me about it and she said alot of the nudi branches and egg strings fell out and died and I just did another this morning and more just died and eggs fell out. Today I went to my local fish store and picked up some Lugol's iodine and I dipped the zoo and I followed MUCHO REEF's zoo dip and I got all the nudi branches and I took out alot of egg strings (15-20 strings) and I might have gotten them all, but I will take further inspection just to make sure they are all gone.

MUCHO REEF's zoo dip thread:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=451720

Thanks for the link Mike469
Old 10-08-2006, 08:37 PM   #16

No problem at all. It is one of the best articles I have ever read for this.

Just make sure you really check close for the eggs because as he mentions in the artice they wont come off when you swich it around.

I have about 4 zoos and did not dip anyone so I am hoping for the best. All future zoos will get this.

Good Luck

Tags
zoos

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com