Here are the specs:
6G Nano with following custom add-ons:
Increased light to 2x18W.
Increased flow with alternating dual pump 2 returns.
Temp on the high side 81 degrees.
PH Test shows more bluish/purple on the Salifert test 8.x I think.
25% water change every 2 weeks
This is what I see:
1. fish 2 x clown are doing great.
2. Corals doing great.
3. Emerald crabs doing great.
4. I have an explosion of baby snails (i mean 50+) ...
5. All large snails have croaked, have replaced approx 10 of them and they croak within a week to 10 days.
6. I noticed that i had reduced water flow in tank (probably went on for a month). Finally I decided to do an inspection and noticed that many baby snails had clogged up the return pumps.
7. The baby snails seems to congregate inside the surface skimmer and recently there seems to be another 20-30 having a party in the surface skimmer.
Any thoughts on why my later LFS
snails are croaking so fast? Since the big snails are gone where the heck are the little buggers coming from?