AAAAAAAH! MY CORALS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishstixs05

Aquarium Advice Freak
When I got up this morning my Pulsing was limp and curled up, my Leather didnt have all its polyps out and the ones it did werent out all the way, my colt is just a little slime ball, and my star polyp isnt doing anything, no polyps out. I just added it the other day, could it be the problem? My ammonia and nitrite are at 0, my Phosphates are at zero, my calcium is at 400ppm, my pH and Temp are fine, and Im using a CF 50/50 65w on a 30g tall. What going on!?!?!?

whens the last time it ate? i think some brine shrimp once a week does it for the leather not sure about the other one tho

fishstixs05 said:
When I got up this morning my Pulsing was limp and curled up

Xenia will tipically not do well in high temps or low alk/ph . You have not given specific numbers for these so it's hard to say.

my Leather didnt have all its polyps out and the ones it did werent out all the way, my colt is just a little slime ball

Colt and leather are very "general" terms. If possible you should try and include species names. Many emit toxins when encrouched upon by other corals that could be affecting the water quality.

my star polyp isnt doing anything, no polyps out. I just added it the other day, could it be the problem? My ammonia and nitrite are at 0, my Phosphates are at zero, my calcium is at 400ppm, my pH and Temp are fine, and Im using a CF 50/50 65w on a 30g tall. What going on!?!?!?

While I agree that you are on the low side of light requirements it's borderline depending on the types of soft corals. Some actually do prefer low light, although GPS's are not one of them.

Newly added corals will most commonly not come out immediately after being added to the tank and may just need more adjustment time. Could also be what I said before concering coral interaction (warfare).

You have mentioned NH4 and NO2 but what about the nitratres? Many fish can survive above average nitrates but not corals. Corals are very sensitive to changes and improper water health.

Cheers
Steve

Im pretty sure i figured out the answer. There has been a hot streak lately, and i think that why all my corals arent doing too well. I dont think that it could be water quality, because it happened so suddenly, and all that has changes is the temp and the astsr polyp being added. Thanks for all the advice!

Back
Top Bottom