Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

AAHHH Ive crossed the line to MTS But Sea horses???

My son wanted to have a sea horse tank so I converted his 10 gallon fresh. Can someone tell me if I am on track so far. I am reading & reading and will not buy until I have a grasp on this and my tank is cycled so about a month or two. Heres my start so far.

10 gallon with 2 3/4 to 3 inch DSB one large coral spikey so they can hold on. An extra large clam shell, 3 cups gravel from my two year old reef to get the bacteria jump started. In the transfer I ended up with 4 very small snails and a very small star. I have a hang on filter in the back and general cheap lighting ( came with the tank ) 200 or 250 maxi jet power head very low current compared to the reef. I will be picking up a skimmer as soon as I can find one small enough.

So, how an I doing???

Old 01-05-2004, 05:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

i feel you biggest prob will be water quality !! i want to do the same but will add in the 10 gallon to my main reef set up !! dont know if ya can do that but if ya can that would be the ideal way imo !! no need for an extra skimmmer and what not

Old 01-05-2004, 05:25 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Love to see a picture of that... I really dont have room. I have a 45 gallon that is stacked to the top with LR & corals already. I only have a small area in the front for fish to swim.....It really is a great tank. I need to get a digital...

Is it sad that Im old enough to remember watching your guy... Captin America I believe.....
Old 01-05-2004, 05:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

greatest american hero !! hehehehe

ya missing what im saying !! dont put the 10 gallon in your main tank so then your 45 gallon turns into a 55 gallon !! just have the main tanks water flowing into the 10 gallon and then back out into your sump or back into the main tank !!
Old 01-05-2004, 05:44 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Believe it or not I'm walking on air.. I never thought I could feel so freeeee... flying away on a wing and a prayer who could it be.... Believe it or not it's just me...

I loved that show..

Doan
Old 01-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

hehehe i dont know about you all but im 32 and it makes me feel soooo old heheh
but as a kid i loved it as well

what makes me laugh the most is it took one whole season for him to fly heheh kinda dumb humor !! but again i like mr.bean as well heheheh good clean humor
Old 01-05-2004, 05:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh my... Im not the only one in the 40 or over club am I??? :P
Old 01-05-2004, 05:59 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

reefobsessed, check out http://www.seahorse.org/ and http://www.sygnathid.org/

you might also consider PMing Hara, she keeps seahorses. Unless they are the pygmy seahorses...I don't think a 10 is big enough.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
line, mts, sea, sea horse

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com