AAHHH Ive crossed the line to MTS But Sea horses???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
My son wanted to have a sea horse tank so I converted his 10 gallon fresh. Can someone tell me if I am on track so far. I am reading & reading and will not buy until I have a grasp on this and my tank is cycled so about a month or two. Heres my start so far.

10 gallon with 2 3/4 to 3 inch DSB one large coral spikey so they can hold on. An extra large clam shell, 3 cups gravel from my two year old reef to get the bacteria jump started. In the transfer I ended up with 4 very small snails and a very small star. I have a hang on filter in the back and general cheap lighting ( came with the tank ) 200 or 250 maxi jet power head very low current compared to the reef. I will be picking up a skimmer as soon as I can find one small enough.

So, how an I doing???

i feel you biggest prob will be water quality !! i want to do the same but will add in the 10 gallon to my main reef set up !! dont know if ya can do that but if ya can that would be the ideal way imo !! no need for an extra skimmmer and what not

Love to see a picture of that... I really dont have room. I have a 45 gallon that is stacked to the top with LR & corals already. I only have a small area in the front for fish to swim.....It really is a great tank. I need to get a digital...

Is it sad that Im old enough to remember watching your guy... Captin America I believe..... :lol: :lol:

greatest american hero !! hehehehe

ya missing what im saying !! dont put the 10 gallon in your main tank so then your 45 gallon turns into a 55 gallon :) !! just have the main tanks water flowing into the 10 gallon and then back out into your sump or back into the main tank !!

Believe it or not I'm walking on air.. I never thought I could feel so freeeee... flying away on a wing and a prayer who could it be.... Believe it or not it's just me...

I loved that show..

Doan

hehehe i dont know about you all but im 32 and it makes me feel soooo old heheh
but as a kid i loved it as well :)

what makes me laugh the most is it took one whole season for him to fly heheh kinda dumb humor !! but again i like mr.bean as well heheheh good clean humor

Back
Top Bottom