? About adding clown, pics of skunk and unknown coral +more!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I had a few things so I just put it all in one post...

Anyone know what this coral might be? There are three that look like this. Maybe just really bleached out?
Coral.jpg

My new skunk cleaner who is doing really well still
Skunk.jpg

The survivor. Although hurt she is still kicking.
Survivor.jpg

RIP little buddy :cry: :cry: :cry:
RIP_clown.jpg

What do you all think about me adding another very small clown tomorrow? Is the female already going to be territorial with being alone for one day? I really want a pair and I feel bad for the recent loss.

The unknown coral looks like aptasia. Remove it or watch it close. It can multiple over night and take over your tank. I would hold off on adding another fish until you are sure things are stable.

What is the best way to get rid of the aptasia?

Only reason I asked about the clown is becuase I heard you needed to add them together or they would fight later down the road.

Im also including pics of my clwon that survived and the wounds she has on her side.

Here is the pics of the wound. Anything I can do to treat this wound? I dont know if it was caused today or by something else. I dont remember it being there last night.

Clown1.jpg

Clown2.jpg

Clown3.jpg

When you add a clown later just get one that is not similiar in size to your current one. As for the aptasia...If you only have a few just boil some water on the stove. Take the pot over to your tank and suck some of it up in a turkey baster and get right on top of the aptasia and squirt them. Some people swear by joe's juice but water is free. (y)

Ill try the water thing since its free and its 9pm and I couldnt get joes juice if i wanted to. If they are back tomorrow then ill have to get some juice. I was just reading about aptasia I didnt know they could do do so much crap. The rock is new, I wonder how much of it is in the there :-o

The water will work great. No need for joe's juice. I used water in my tank and it took care of them. Peppermint shrimp will also eat them but they are not always interested in them.

Well I just injected them, The first try and they came back out some. Went back and shot them 2 more times and I dont see them anymore. Im going to check again in an hour or so and see if they come back. I got plenty of water. They dont want none! lol

:?: was the water really hot? Did they "melt" when the water hit them? If so they will not be back. (y)

Yup they shrivled up like the wicked witch of the west lol

Thanks for the help Brenden! You have any clue on the wounds on the clown? Antying I can do to help her heal?

Best advise is keep the water parameters as close to perfect as you can. Soak all the food you give it in a good vitamin supplement for a while. Minimize stress best you can by not bothering tank anymore than you have to and not walking past it often.

lol its right next to my bed. She doesnt seem to be stressed. If I put my hand up to the tank she comes right over wondering what I am doing. She is actually one of the least scared fish I have had in my short SW life. Tank is pretty damn close to perfect levels. Nitrate went up to about 3-5ppm but Im sure it will settle back down.

I have something called Zoes juice. Will this suffice in feeding her and getting her nutrients?

Just do not spend a lot of time in bed. Get up and go to work.:D Never heard of zoe's juice? Do you mean zoe? Zoe is good and if you have garlic I would alternate them. I normally rotate between zoe, selcon, and garlic when I feed. Good stuff. Helps keep the fish healthy.

Check out Garlic Xtreme. I try to stay away from flakes. My tank gets them about once every 2 weeks.

Ok cool I will check that out. I didnt like flakes either but my LFS said to use that spectrum kind if i was going to use some. They said variety is the best thing to do, so more stuff the merrier :)

You can also use fresh garlic but I figure I already do enough work on my tank with out adding to it. :D

Back
Top Bottom